Eyes For Tomorrow Presents:
2016 Puppy Camp!!
2014 Puppy Camp
Bring the family and join us for a fun filled weekend with crafts, games, swimming, camp fire, and training activities for the puppies. Located at the Nevada 4-H Camp grounds in South Lake Tahoe.
Thanks for all who Joined us in 2016!!!
All ages of puppies Welcome! Whole Family Welcome!
Directions to the Nevada 4-H Camp ~
Passenger vehicles (15 or less passengers) turn right on Kahle Drive (stoplight). Turn left on Laura Drive. Turn Right on 4-H Camp Road. (not marked.)
Trucks, buses, or large vehicles turn right on 4-H Camp Road which is between Dart Liquor Store and Edgewood Golf Course. It is ¼ mile to the campgrounds from Highway 50.
Nevada 4-H Camp History ~
"University of Nevada Cooperative Extension began holding annual camps for 4-H club members in 1930 at University of Nevada facilities in Reno. Beginning in 1934, campers used the Boy Scout Camp at Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe for three years before the Nevada Farm Bureau leased the Skyland facility at Lake Tahoe for 4-H use.
Mr. and Mrs. William Rabe recognized that an annual camp would benefit Nevada's young people. For this reason, in 1938, they sold 30 acres of heavily-wooded, level ground to the Nevada Farm Bureau to establish a permanent 4-H Camp. In addition to the 30 acres of choice property, which extended to the lake shore, the purchase included an easement to Lake Tahoe, two miner's inches (32,313,600 gallons) of water per day from Folsom Spring and an easement for the required pipeline to bring water to the camp.
On June 23, 1939, the Douglas County Farm Bureau inaugurated the campsite at its annual picnic, and on July 1, the first occupants arrived, 450 Seventh Day Adventist campers. The 4-H club groups camped at this site for the first time in August 1939 and have been camping there annually since that date.
On September 26, 1953, ownership of the camp was transferred to the State of Nevada under the direction of the Agricultural Extension Service and the University of Nevada Board of Regents. On December 30, 1947, an additional 3.29 acres of Lake Tahoe shorefront was deeded from D. Park to the State of Nevada, adding a beach to the property."
Quoted from the Nevada 4-H Camp History UNCE/UNR website.
Please contact Eyes For Tomorrow if you have any questions.